Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Continuation of an Eternal Friendship













As I browse through some of the pictures since Daniel was born I am filled with gratitude and love for my Elizabeth. If only every little brother had a big sister like her to greet him after leaving heaven. She was about four and a half when he was born and being the "baby" was the only thing she knew. Like most parents we talked about how hard the transition might be for her and how to prepare her and help her over certain jealousy. But our concerns have been unfounded and she has filled the role of big sister like it's what she was born to do. Only once during the last six months have I've heard her comment with a possible hint of jealously was when she needed me right away and said, "you have to feed him again?!?'' One day when I hopped in the shower I came out to find her soothing him by singing a song, giving him multiple toys and trying to hold a pacifier in his mouth...simultaneously. She makes up songs about how he is the cutest baby EVER asks to get in the playpen with him. She picks out his outfits gets nose-to-nose with him to tell him how much she loves him. Now that he crawls she tries to keep him on the rugs and station pillows around him in case he falls. Watching them together makes me wonder about their relationship before they each left Heavenly Father.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: