Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sunday we went on a short walk behind our neighborhood along the bayou. Paul had taken Leah there several days earlier for a date and they found blackberries! We braved thorns and chiggers but were paid off with a container full of juicy ones. The kids kept yelling "Jackpot!" We picked enough to eat, make smoothies and share with our neighbor who was prepared with Bluebell vanilla ice cream. 


 Daniel was happier than he looks in this picture. 


 Chasing butterflies
Took this from higher ground since we've seen alligators not far from here.
Not sure how I took no pics of the actual fruit, but this is where the picking took place.

2 comments:

Emma Frances said...

I love these pictures! And I miss your cute family! What a fun family outing! And it is CRAZY that you guys see alligators so close to home!

Randall Family said...

mmmm.... blackberries I could take! the alligators sound a bit scary though! Glad you all made it home and happy with all the limbs in tact!