Mission Bend Stars!
The kids' school's annual "talent" show was a few weeks ago. They got together with some friends and performed a sychronized swimming routine to Enya with an (unplanned) finale. Each set of three did a two-man carry off the stage at the end. Instead of passing each other they collided. CRASH and BURN some say. I didn't get pictures because I was holding up the long blue paper used to look like the pool. And laughing.
The kids' school's annual "talent" show was a few weeks ago. They got together with some friends and performed a sychronized swimming routine to Enya with an (unplanned) finale. Each set of three did a two-man carry off the stage at the end. Instead of passing each other they collided. CRASH and BURN some say. I didn't get pictures because I was holding up the long blue paper used to look like the pool. And laughing.
When it was Leah's turn the MC was unfamiliar with the name of the piece. I half expected to see the nemesis of an orange and black cat panting on the piano top when she tried her best to decipher the three letter word and announced that Leah Davis was going to play 'Odie to Joy.'
I was a bit nervous for Leah since she had a hard time in the dress rehearsal and I couldn't help but remember James Herriot's piano recital experience with his son. She pulled it off and I started breathing again when it was over.

5 comments:
Leah is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad she made it through her song, and I so so so wished that I could see the synchronized swimming and crash. It sounds like a wonderful day for making memories. . . .
Such a pretty picture of Leah! I also love the shot of her playing the piano - she looks like quite the little professional.
I loved your James Herriott reference! That story is so funny. The way he writes it just makes you want to cringe with him. And then when his son came on again at the end to try again! Classic! I love James Herriott!!
"Odie to Joy"!!!! That's hilarious!! I wish I could have witnessed the crash and burn...what a grand finale. Sounds like your kids deserved a standing ovation.
You have awesome kids.
Hahahaha! "CRASH and BURN"!! :) I seriously would give anything for a taping of said perfomance. Dang you for not providing it for me!!
I heart your kids so, so much!!
Post a Comment