
We left Houston for our Davis family reunion in UT. We were armed with Magic Tree House, Hank the Cow Dog and other books on CD as well as a complete season of I Love Lucy. When the kids watched James and the Giant Peach, Elizabeth kept whining, "I want Lucy!" We also brought loads of junk food that I was certain would be ample to last for even the trip back. Quickly learned that more than a 24 hour supply can't fit in a mini-van. On the way Paul wanted to stop at some places he went last year as an intern. Here are picutures of Carlsbad Caverns (largest cave in the US?). Cameras weren't allowed at the bat exit, but we saw nearly half a million bats fly out of the cave at dusk to get food.

Inside the cave.

Only Elizabeth didn't mind the 1+ mile hike in the cave. At the end, a one-minute elevator ride takes you to the top.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, it looks like you had SOOOO much fun!!! I'm glad you're home, though. :) Which reminds me, I found that movie to give you!!!
Post a Comment